Mini Book

I saw a tutorial on how to make a mini book a few months ago and I immediately put it in my to-do list. But since I am not inherently creative, it took me a while to come up with something.

I used one of Grimm's fairy tales called "Simeli Mountain" simply because I was confident I could draw a mountain. I didn't think I could do 7 dwarfs or a big bad wolf but I was sure I could do a mountain.

In a nutshell, Simeli Mountain is a story about a man who found a mountain filled with treasures. There is a secret door that opens and closes when he speak the magic words. The villain is his older brother who, upon learning that he suddenly grew rich, beat him to tell him where he got his money. The older brother then went to the mountain himself and went crazy with greed when he saw the treasures. He spent too much time inside the mountain that he forgot the magic words and was trapped.  

To make my mini book, I used this notepad that my husband got from one of the seminars he attended previously. I used the reverse side so it's free of any characters, signs or logos.   


Since I didn't have a picture book to copy from, I had to call out (or maybe beg) my inner creativity so I can draw the characters and events from the story. 


After 10 pages, I made the cover page, put the title in it and sew it up.  


That's it, my first mini book. 

Comments